PDC760 as a daily carry phone?
Thinking of getting a PDC760 as a daily carry and hoping someone can help with a few questions...
Will it fit OK in a jeans pocket without the antenna (I image mainly using ROIP)?
Can it use normal Bluetooth headphones?
Does the Radio audio go over the headphones? I have a PNC370, TuneIn Radio works with Bluetooth headphones, but not POC apps.
Any PTT issues with Echolink and Peanut?

Other than Brandmeister, I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks plus web and email. Do you think it would be fit for purpose? Any issues or annoyances using this as a phone?

Thanks, Gordon
Thinking of getting a PDC760 as a daily carry and hoping someone can help with a few questions...

Will it fit OK in a jeans pocket without the antenna (I image mainly using ROIP)?

With the regular battery ( that it comes with ) Yes !

Can it use normal Bluetooth headphones?

Yes, most bluetooth devices will work fine.

Does the Radio audio go over the headphones? I have a PNC370, TuneIn Radio works with Bluetooth headphones, but not POC apps.

Yes it does

Any PTT issues with Echolink and Peanut?

The physical PTT will not work but on screen ptt will

Other than Brandmeister, I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks plus web and email. Do you think it would be fit for purpose? Any issues or annoyances using this as a phone?

No issues running it as a regular phone

Thanks!
Thanks, Kosta
I have it ordered and it should arrive next week. Have you tried SD cards larger than 128GB? Hoping a spare 400GB I have will work.
Hi,

No I have not tried any SD...yet... lol

thank you !
Was reading that there may be a new firmware for the 760, perhaps that addresses the 60-second maximum transmission issue. I'm still on 3.0.7 - is there something in the last month? Thanks guys!

AD
Hi Aerodan,

You do have the option for more time out on PTT with v3.0

Nothing newer as of yet.

thank you.